Conduct and submit tests
- Make sure that you’re on the “Conduct tests” page. It’s the page that appears once you’ve logged in and picked the facility where you’re working today. You can also get to it by clicking Conduct tests at the top of the page.
- In the text field just below Conduct tests, enter the name of the patient you’re testing.
- Confirm the patient’s full name and date of birth. Then click Begin test to the right of their name.
If the patient you’re looking for doesn’t appear in the search results, make sure that you’ve spelled their name correctly. If you still can’t find them, you’ll need to add them before proceeding with the rest of these steps.
- The patient’s name will appear on a card on the “Conduct tests” page. You can continue with their test or, if you’re testing multiple patients at once, you can repeat the previous steps for each of the patients you’re testing.
- Collect the swab from the patient you’re testing and prepare their sample.
- (optional) On the patient’s card, click the blue button with the stopwatch icon to start the timer. If your device’s sound is on, you’ll hear an alarm at the end of the required time. You can restart the timer at any time by clicking the blue button again.
- Choose the test date and time. (It defaults to the current date and time).
- Select the testing device and specimen type (the kind of sample you’re testing) from the dropdowns. (It defaults to the last device used.) This determines which condition(s) you’re testing for. If the device or swab type you’re using isn’t on the list, ask an administrator to add the device or swab type to your SimpleReport facility settings. If the device or swab type isn’t available for them to add, the administrator will need to contact SimpleReport to request this.
- Once the test is complete, select the result of each condition you’ve tested for below the device and specimen type: “Positive”, “Negative”, or “Inconclusive”. Conditions appear based on which test device you selected.
Note: Note: While all organizations can record results for all conditions and send them to patients, only those sending to certain states will be able to report flu and RSV to their public health department at this time.
- Complete the other questions below the test result(s). If you select “yes” for the patient experiencing symptoms, additional follow-up questions will appear. You can submit the results without completing all of the questions, if the patient being tested declines to answer them.
- Click Submit results.
You’ve successfully submitted the test result to your public health department. You’re all done. If you have the SimpleReport permissions to do so, you can also review submitted results.